The Fleur de Lis dates back to ancient Egypt, and has always represented power, enlightenment and good luck. It has also had some degree of mystery.
As the story goes, it was either Louis X or Louis XI who was about to lose France in a battle. He was out manned, our armed, the other army was better fed and stronger. The situation seemed hopeless. He put the already ancient symbol on his shield for power and luck, and to everyone's surprise, he won! Winning the battle and saving France, he declared the Fleur de Lis to be the symbol of France.
There were times when it was illegal for anyone other than French nobility to use or display the Fleur de Lis. This might explain why the symbol is so closely associated with the impressing of class and elegance.
Another part of this which seems debating is whether Fleur de Lis means Flower of Louis (which was always my understanding) or just a lily flower.
Fleur de Lis pendant, shown here in 18K with diamonds, and my signature overflowing dots of diamonds, representing overflowing abundance.
- Approximately 84 pts
- G-VS diamonds
- 1.5" x 1"
- Loop at the back so you can change chance and cords to match outfits and moods.
There are so many available versions of the Fleur de Lis Collection. Here are a few examples:
- Pendant in 18K gold, all diamonds plus overflowing dots of diamonds: $5400 (this one!)
- Pendant in sterling silver with 18K gold dots of overflowing diamonds: $2450.00
- Mini Pendant 18K gold with overflowing dots of diamonds: $1220.00
- Mini Pendant 14K gold with overflowing dots of diamonds: $1050.00
- Mini Pendant Sterling Silver with overflowing dots of diamonds: $395.00