This exercise works for me to find serenity by stopping haunting, scary, stressful, and/or negative thoughts. We often forget that how we feel, to a large extent, is a choice. While we can't just snap our fingers and change our feelings, we can change our thoughts, which, like dominoes, will change how we see everything and how we feel.
- Pause. Breathe. Sit or lie down. Close your eyes.
- Wear an eye mask if comfortable. A scarf works, too.
- Repeat the words "thank you" quietly in your mind until you feel your body relax.
- When relaxed, or even just starting to relax, open a tiny window in your mind to contemplate blessings.
- Truly think about each thing for which you are grateful.
- Savor the gratitude.
- If negative thoughts sneak back in, return to 'thank you' meditating.
- Practice this gratitude exercise.
- Try 20 minutes to start.
- Find your ideal time.
- When finished, find someone less lucky and help them.
- Thank them for allowing you to be of service.
- We aren't stuck at home, we are safe at home.
- We have no problems, only a few challenges, which inevitably bring opportunity.
- Instead of sheltering in place, we are artists-in-residence.
- We aren't lazy couch potatoes, we are heroes saving the world!
Thank you, Gratitude.
The soul of my jewelry is based on ideas that lead to joy, leadership and oneness. Worn for beauty and cherished for layers of discovery, they are enjoyed as decoration, and there to support your core values in times of wavering, or to open conversations and opportunities to lead and connect.
Click here to see jewelry categorized in steps to happiness
And of course, so see the entire collection, visit www.JaneGordon.com